Westbury labour club and institute ltd GDPR Policy
Information we collect and how we use it
The information we collect is mostly limited to that which is necessary to provide our services. We categorise the information we collect into the following categories.
User provided information - collection
This is information that you have chosen to provide to enquire, request or receive our services. It is necessary for us to receive such information to provide our services or details regarding them. Information we collect includes: name, address date of birth in the event of club membership application and contact information such as telephone number and email address. Without these elements of information, it would not be possible for us to provide our services.
The user provided information described as above will be collected via one of the following methods:
- A club membership application form
- Telephone conversation or voicemail
- In writing via a booking form
- Online contact form from our website
- Through social media
All user provided information is collected under the lawful basis of consent.
User provided information – Processing / Use
We will process / use this information solely and exclusively for the provision of our services which is usually entered around club application membership reservations and booking of hall hire, room or event. We will process the necessary information to create an invoice and record payment once received.
Optional marketing information – Collection
We clearly display an “Opt In” checkbox on our physical booking forms and on our website where information can be submitted. Alongside this opt in checkbox, reference to our privacy notice is made to inform you how we use the information.
The information we will use for optional marketing is limited to a name and email address.
Optional marketing information – Processing / Use
We may from time to time send you updates, news and promotions relating to the club and its activities. These are aimed solely at the promotion of the club and any users of the paragon hall . You can opt out of this correspondence by sending an email to email@example.com
Automatically collected information – Collection
When you visit our website, we may record various elements of information about your visit using technologies such as cookies. This automatically collected information may include, user device information such as IP address, device type, browser type, website pages visited including dates and timings.
Automatically collected information – Processing
Data which is collected automatically is done so solely to analyse usage of our website. The information collected is not personal identifying and services solely to analyse usage of our website so that we may make informed changes and improvements to the user experience.
Our disclosure of information
We will not disclose your information to any person or organisation outside of our own unless you have requested us to do so or it is legally necessary for us under UK law or for the preservation of life.
Security of information
We have implemented various measures to protect and safeguard information both during its transmission to us and once received. Following appropriate review, we follow strict procedures during administration which includes procedural, physical and technological safeguards. These safeguards are to protect information from unlawful or accidental destruction, loss, unauthorised alteration, misuse, unauthorised access, unauthorised disclosure and any other form of unlawful processing of any personal data within our possession.
Whilst we take considerable measures to safeguard all personal information provided to us we cannot guarantee 100% security. As a result, any information you provide to us is done so under your own risk. We are unable to guarantee that information provided to us may not be accessed, disclosed, altered or destroyed because of any failure or breach of our administrative, physical or technical safeguards. If you do believe a breach of your personal information has occurred, you can contact us as highlighted in the “contact us” section below.
If we learn of any breach of personal information we will inform the information commissioner’s office in strict confidence of their guidelines.
We fully respect the privacy of your data and you have the right to exercise any of the following privacy rights as prescribed under GDPR.
- Access – you have the right to know exactly what information we hold about you and how we are processing it
- Rectification – you have the right to rectify or correct any information we hold about you
- Erasure – you have the right to be forgotten / have your information erased. You do not need to specify any reason for this
- Restriction of processing – you have the right to request that any information we hold about you cab be restricted from any processing or usage. We will not retain any information unless it is required to provide a service to you anyway. The only exception to this is when we are waiting for clearance of payment or for advance booking of hall hire, room hire or event booking.
- Data portability – you may request to retain and reuse your data for your own specific purposes. In this instance we will happily transfer any information we hold
- Object – you have the right to object against any use of your information. Examples where this is applicable is if we were to use your information for marketing or research
- Automated profiling – we do not under any circumstance conduct any automated decision making or profiling based upon your information
We are unable to accept any liability that may occur from data that has been lawfully accessed, disclosed, altered or destroyed as a result if any failure or breach of administrative physical or technical safeguards on part of any third-party.
We are a data controller. Our responsible person for the control of data within Westbury labour club and institute ltd is
Should you need to contact us for any reason, you may do so by any of the following methods:
- Email us: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Telephone us on: 01373 822413
- Write to us at: Westbury labour club and institute ltd Haynes Road Westbury Wiltshire BA13 3HA
We will, wherever possible, make every effort to forward notification of any changes to all existing customers for which we hold information about.